Updates for the following versions are available:
Metamorphosis version 1
Metamorphosis version 2
Metamorphosis version 3
Metamorphosis version 4
Metamorphosis version 5
Metamorphosis version 6
Metamorphosis version 7
Metamorphosis version 8
If you require a full install of Metamorphosis on a disk then please contact us.
Version 8's new features include:
- Metamorphosis now publishes apps for Android and Apple devices.
- You can include the ability for your users to add facebook comments to your lesson screens.
- You can now setup sophisticated branching within your lesson.
- You can now include a magnifier feature onto any image.
- You can now set the number of questions attempts a user can have for questions.
The training pack for Metamorphosis 8 is available on the DOWNLOADS page.
Version 7's new features include:
- Metamorphosis now publishes to HTML5.
- You can now add audio feedback in response to user question attempts.
- Text can now be added in the form of speech bubbles of various sizes and shapes.
- You can now print screens directly from your project or to a Microsoft Word document.
- Question can be imported directly into Metamorphosis using a CSV (text) file.
The training pack for Metamorphosis 7 is available on the DOWNLOADS page.
Version 6's new features include:
- New text boxes allow enhanced editing such as embedded tables, embedded images, and rulers.
- Variable screen sizes mean that your lesson can be published at virtually any size.
- The main menu of a multiple topic course can be fully edited and customised so that each component can be located and resized as desired.
- A new Settings category called Accessibility allows you to create lessons that "conform" to accessibility guidelines.
- Improved PowerPoint importation is now faster and means that converted content is a more accurate reflection of the original PowerPoint slideshow.
The training pack for Metamorphosis 6 is available on the DOWNLOADS page.
Version 5's new features include:
- You can now change the look and feel of the Metamorphosis application by selecting a different application colour.
- There is a number of flash-based activities uou can now include in your courses.
- Questions are now editable within the edit window rather than in a separate dialog box for a much smoother, easier and faster user experience.
- Images within the Metamorphosis editor can now be used as flip cards.
- Courses can generate a print-friendly certificate of the final performance screens.
- A new Create new user account button on the trainee's database access sign in screen simplifies the trainee access process particularly for new trainees.
- Questions within an assessable topic can now be made individually non-assessable.
- Metamorphosis includes a third-party application to record animated screen movies which can be embedded within your course as a Flash object.
- To install and activate this upgrade you have to specifically purchase a license for it or to have a current and valid support contract in place.
- This installation uses the same graphics library as the full version of version 3. Version 5 will not work with the graphics library from version 2 or earlier. Some users who updated to version 3 are still using the version 2 library, and will therefore need to update their library for version 5.
- After installing Metamorphosis 5 you will need to point it to your existing graphics library via the menu item: File > Preferences > Set graphics library location...
- Once this install is complete you will need to (re)activate Metamorphosis.
- If you have a custom theme for Metamorphosis prior to version 5 then the theme will need some work to make it compatible with Metamorphosis 5.
- If you have Comet, update to the latest version to ensure compatibility.
- If your update is a major version change eg. from version 3 to 4, or 4 to 5 then your current activation code will not work. Each major version of Metamorphosis requires its own unique activation code.
- As an update it should be installed onto the same drive/computer on which your current version of Metamorphosis is installed. Installing onto a different drive may mean that the activation system will not be able to generate an activation code.
Warning: Saving/editing a project created with the most current version of Metamorphosis with an older version of Metamorphosis may result in the project being corrupted. For example, you must not save/edit a project created with version 5.013 with 5.004. Be careful when opening projects. If you're unsure, launch the appropriate version of Metamorphosis first and then open your project from it. Generally, it is good practice to wait until you have completed your current project(s) before you upgrade.
Projects are forwards, not backwards, compatible.
The training pack for Metamorphosis 5 is available on the DOWNLOADS page.
Version 4's new features include:
- Saving and reusing screens by placing them into content libraries.
- Greater control over the display of the user interface.
- Likert (slider) questions as a new question type.
- The ability to import PowerPoint presentations as a series of images.
- Importing and playing Flash Video (FLV) within your lesson.
- New glossary functionality means you can create an interactive glossary from Word (or, if you prefer, manually).
- Table editing has been improved.
- Images may have dynamic animation effects applied to them.
Warning: Saving/editing a project created with the most current version of Metamorphosis with an older version of Metamorphosis may result in the project being corrupted. Be careful when opening projects. If you're unsure, launch the appropriate version of Metamorphosis first and then open your project from it. Generally, it is good practice to wait until you have completed your current project(s) before you upgrade/update. Projects are forwards, not backwards, compatible.
Download Metamorphosis 4.009 update 1: December 8, 2010 (.zip 11,793KB).
Please read note 6 above before you install this update.
The training pack for Metamorphosis 4 is available on the DOWNLOADS page.
Version 3's new features include:
- You can now retain the fonts and formatting of your source Word documents rather than allowing Metamorphosis to over-ride the formatting.
- PowerPoint importation is now more accurate. PowerPoint slide shows can be part of your linear and menu-based courses.
- The improved Metamorphosis editor allows you to manipulate screen objects more easily.
- There is now greater flexibility when generating the main menu for your courseware.
- A new question type provides for True/False questions.
- A new question type allows questions generated with 3rd party tools, such as Adobe Flash, to be imported into Metamorphosis such that the Metamorphosis lesson can track whether the Flash question has been answered correctly or not.
- Match the pairs questions can now include images, as well as text.
- The ability to create remediation - when a user answers a number of questions wrongly they enter a subtopic not displayed to those that do well.
Download this update if you currently have Metamorphois 3 installed:
Download Metamorphosis 3.404 Update 2: April 15, 2010 (.zip 9,453KB)
Download this update if you currently have Metamorphois 2 or earlier installed:
Download Metamorphosis 3.404 Update 2: April 15, 2010 (.zip 10,308KB)
Version 2's new features include:
- The automatic import of MS PowerPoint files
- A built-in narration recording capability
- An outline - a navigational tool that lets users jump to any screen.
- Ten new themes
- A Spell Checker and a Find and Replace capability
- Additional control of embedded media elements
- Supports the importation of animated GIF and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files
Update 9 must be installed first:
Download the Metamorphosis 2 update 9: January 16, 2009 (.zip 6,509KB)
You must install update 9 (above) before installing update 10:
Download the Metamorphosis 2 update 10: February 20, 2009 (.zip 289KB)
WARNING: projects opened with this will no longer open with versions earlier than 1.100.